FOOD CONSULTANT REQUIRED
Position: Food Consultant
Supervisor: General Manager
Location: Office and Mindil Beach Open Air Site
Employment Conditions Casual – - 8 hours per week
Salary Dependent of Qualifications
Award: Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
The primary objective of the Food Consultant is to ensure safe and correct food handling methods are adhered to with ongoing vigilance and education is offered as priority. The Food Consultant will also make recommendations regarding any new food products, food stalls or menus to the General Manager.
- Carry out duties in accordance with Mindil Beach Sunset Market Association’s (MBSMA) safety policy, safety principles, corporate values and strategies
- Advise members on food service, sanitation, safety procedures, and scheduling of food service and monitor members to ensure compliance
- Advise members on the establishment, operation, and evaluate food service facilities
- Make recommendations regarding MBSMA’s policy, such as food labeling, and nutrition standards
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to safety, sanitation and quality standards and advise to rectify any defects and follow up compliance
- Provide training to members who prepare and serve food.
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of problems or defects.
- Liaising with Department of Health Officials concerning the conduct of food stall members and remaining familiar in any changes in HASOP food practices
- Process applications from members concerning new or different food products being made available for distribution
- Offer innovation and advice in elation to Environmental practices
- Educate stallholders on the simple ways they can contribute to being more environmentally aware - Ie. composting, recycling, use of bio degradable packaging & through upholding our policy on banned plastic bags.
- Qualifications that include Food Nutrition and Wellness or Health Science of Chef
- Relevant experience inspecting and advising on sanitation and food safety procedures
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to plan ahead
- Ability to work autonomously
- Problem solving and implementation of solutions
- Demonstrated competency with computers – Microsoft office, etc.
- First Aid certificate or ability to obtain
- Able and willing to work Thursday and Sunday between 3:00 (noon) to 9:00pm
- Cultural sensitive and the ability to build working relationships with a diverse ethnic workforce